Are you awaiting your NCLEX results, and the feeling of uncertainty is eating away at you? Not to worry- we’ve been there, too and want to help alleviate few of that stress. Several unofficial methods are available for gauging how you did on the exam, although they will only substitute for official scores from the NCSBN Board. The following blog post will discuss these unofficial avenues in more detail, so read on if you’re interested in learning more!
Table of Contents
NCLEX Results FAQs – Get All the Answers You Need Here
Pursuing a career in nursing is an exciting and rewarding journey! Nursing school can be challenging, but graduating and taking the licensure exam are huge accomplishments. Are you nervous about finding out if all your hard work has paid off? The NCLEX awaits to see what knowledge you’ve acquired along this incredible path towards becoming a successful nurse! Below are some commonly asked questions about receiving NCLEX results:
What Are Unofficial NCLEX Results?
Unofficial NCLEX results can be beneficial in becoming a registered nurse or another nursing professional. Through these unofficial results, you can find out quickly whether you have passed or failed the exam.
Unofficial NCLEX results are usually generated within 48 hours of taking the exam, though some testing centres will provide them on the same day. Since they are not officially verified by the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX), it’s important to remember that the details may need to be more accurate.
That being said, unofficial NCLEX results can still be viewed as a good gauge of your test performance and help determine if retaking is necessary.
Can Unofficial NCLEX Results Change?
With the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) being such an important exam, it’s no wonder many people are curious if their unofficial results can change. The answer is actually yes. Unofficial NCLEX results may vary for various reasons, including incorrectly scoring your exam or finding something inaccurate in an article that was tested.
Additionally, some test administrations can experience technical issues or other delays resulting in delayed scoring. As such, all unofficial NCLEX results should be final only after receiving your official result.
So, if you are wondering why your unofficial test result came back higher or lower than you expected, it is possible that this could be due to a score change from an official NCLEX review panel. And it’s a good idea to contact the NCLEX Professional Regulation Board, as they will be able to give you more concrete answers and direction when needed.
Why Should You Care About Unofficial NCLEX Results?
Knowing your unofficial results can help you identify any weaknesses and make necessary improvements before taking the official test–knowledge that can be invaluable if you retake the test.
Additionally, understanding your preliminary results can give you valuable insight into what topics you have mastered and where more studying may be necessary. Taking time out of your busy schedule now to carefully consider your unofficial NCLEX results can save you time, energy and money in the long run, as it could avoid having to retake the exam entirely.
How can you tell you failed the NCLEX?
When faced with the daunting task of taking the NCLEX-RN, it can be discouraging if you fail to pass. However, there’s no need to despair; a Candidate Performance Report (CPR) is available individually and will provide valuable insight into your performance in each content area for future preparation. So although unexpected results may seem like a failure at first, this report serves as invaluable guidance when preparing for reattempting success.
How Long Will It Take Me To Get The Unofficial NCLEX Results?
Unofficial NCLEX results will usually be available within 48 hours of taking the exam. However, due to varying testing canters and technical issues, some scores may take longer than others to process. It is best to contact your local board of nursing if you have any concerns or questions regarding the timing of your unofficial results.
Can You Get Your NCLEX Results Early?
After taking the critical National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX), you can rest easy knowing that there is an option to get your unofficial test scores faster! The NCLEX Quick Result Service provides a convenient and efficient way for graduating nursing students who are anxious about their results to find out how they did.
What Should I Do If I Fail The NCLEX?
Unfortunately, if you fail the NCLEX exam, you can take the following steps:
- Find the reason for failure: The first step is understanding why you failed. The NCLEX is a challenging exam, and various factors can cause mistakes. The most common issues include insufficient test preparation and knowledge, inadequate time management skills, or poor performance on the exam due to anxiety and stress.
- Make an action plan: Once you have identified the cause of your failure, you should create an action plan for tackling your weak areas and improving for the next test.
- Take a Review Course: Enrolling in a review course can be an excellent way to brush up on material, gain confidence, and understand the exam better. Additionally, most NCLEX prep courses offer practice questions that will assist you familiarize yourself with the format and type of questions found on the exam.
- Prepare for your next test: Finally, ensure you are well-prepared for your next attempt at taking the NCLEX. Consider doing some extra studying or enrolling in another review course if necessary. It is also helpful to practice with NCLEX-style questions to become more comfortable and familiar with the exam.
Regardless of your results, it is essential to remember that failure does not define you; instead, it is the opportunity for growth and improvement. With hard work and dedication, you can do anything! We wish you luck on your journey!
HOW TO GET YOUR NCLEX RESULTS QUICKLY?
Using the NCLEX Quick Results Service option, you can get your unofficial NCLEX results quickly and easily. This service allows you to receive your scores within 48 hours of completing the exam. The following are simple steps to follow to access this service.
- Firstly, Go to the Pearson VUE website and log into your profile.
- After successfully logging, click on “My Account” and choose “Quick Results.”
- If your results are available, you will watch an option to click on the “Purchase” button. (Note- Quick Results Service fees is $7.95.)
- Fill in payment information and select “Next.” You need a valid credit or debit card with sufficient money to cover the service fee.
- The next page is the order confirmation page. Where, you will click “Submit Order.”
- Your receipt and results will display after you submit the order.
Do All States Have Fast Results For NCLEX?
Forty-eight states and Canada can now access NCLEX Fast Results Service to get speedy data on their nursing test scores. However, Alabama and Arkansas have yet to be included in this service – with Louisiana only offering it for the RN exam and West Virginia exclusively having coverage for those taking the PN variant.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Your NCLEX Results Quickly?
You will have to pay $7.95 through the NCLEX Quick Results Service to get your results early.
My Final Thoughts
Once you have finished nursing school, the NCLEX exam is a huge milestone you must pass. The NCLEX Quick Results Service is an excellent option for those who want to get their results quickly and easily. Although there is an additional fee, the peace of mind it can provide may be well worth it.
Mrs. Marie Brown has been a registered nurse for over 25 years. She began her nursing career at a Level I Trauma Center in downtown Chicago, Illinois. There she worked in the Emergency Department and on the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. After several years, she moved to the Midwest and continued her nursing career in a critical care setting. For the last 10 years of her nursing career, Mrs. Brown worked as a flight nurse with an air ambulance service. During this time, she cared for patients throughout the United States.